There are now eight books available in the series. A ninth is almost complete. In addition there is a linked series of three books, 'Blood of the Rainbow', a paranormal romance which tells the early story of Jared Thundercloud (who appears in book 6). The second of these will be released November 2013 and the third, which leads in to the beginning of A Vested Interest book 1 - Immortality Gene should be out early 2014.
- A Vested Interest - Immortality Gene is a completely revised version of the original 'A Vested Interest'. In it we introduce the heroes and a couple of villains. They are on a quest for a major medical advance and we'll kill a leading character part way through. But is their death what you think?
- The second book, Dark Secrets, continues the story and reveals the sinister side of the Triplet family. Not everything or everyone will be what you would expect after reading the first book.
- The third book, No Secrets, explains many of the mysteries. You'll see the return of John Liu but with a new face and if you thought the Triplet family was complicated....
- The fourth book, Stones, Stars and Solutions,explains more. The family finds themselves on a global tour in an attempt to decode an ancient document and James (who's that?) meets Candice.
- Book 5, Leap of Faith, presents new tunnels, a black void and a gateway to where? Meet Rich in it. He's ten years old but won't be born for several months. Is that confusing?
- Book 6 is Regret and Retribution. In it old wounds are healed and Shelia, who's mostly writing it has become an expert at cliff hanging while I delve into weather control, earthquakes, volcanoes and space elevators.
- Book 7 is Consequences. We look at how decisions made have far reaching consequences. Old adversaries re-appear and people change sides.
- Book 8 is 'Ashes to Ashes.' As it's title suggests we kill lots of characters... but who?
- Book 9 is about 2/3 complete. It's title is 'Dust to Dust.' It's very much a continuation of Ashes to Ashes where we tidy up a lot. It will probably be released after Shelia releases 'Blood of the Rainbow 3'
- Finally John is writing a more Sci-Fi oriented book which features a space elevator and promises to explain how paranormal telepathy and a teleport could work! It's working title is 'Cayambe - String to the Stars.'
So that makes it - 13 books. At least it would be if it were not for the Omnibus edition which is the first three original books in one massive volume.
Latest - John has also started writing a series of very short stories aimed at Amazon's Kindle Unlimited users. They are absolutlely nothing to do with the 'A Vested Interest' series, although there's just a possibility they may explain some things. They are written in the style of the Sherlock Holmes stories. Three have been published so far. Eventually John plans to release them as a single collection.